I'm excited to be covering London Fashion Week for the 4th season on La Fashion Folie and I'm planning to make it my best to date. This time around I aim to be more focused in my approach to coverage - I've got my hands on some great tickets for exciting shows - but I won't be posting reams and reams of photographs on here (you've got Style.com for that). Instead I'll be editing each collection I preview down to my top 10 looks/ pieces/ show moments - and I'm (rather unimaginatively) naming this feature 'LFF in 10'. See it as your manageable guide to fashion week- SS14 at a glance if you will. The new-season coverage can often be overwhelming, so hopefully this approach will make interpreting the upcoming trends less daunting (for me and you!). To kick-off my coverage here's a sneak peak of what you will find in my LFW bag - I'm going for practicality this season and carrying a cross-body number to leave my hands free to photograph all the action.
|Metallic bag c/o Dune at Debenhams|
1. My iPhone to share the latest happenings on LFF's social media channels.
2. Almonds for snacking - food is unsurprisingly scarce in the vicinity of Fashion Week!
3. My iPhone charger - when my iPhone dies, so do I (over-reaction?)
4. A pad and pen to jot down show notes.
5. My oyster card (in my super stylish Sarah Forsyth holder) - essential for getting across town to the different show venues.
6. Vaseline - you might be air-kissing, but you still need moisturised lips.
7. Show tickets - no ticket - no show!
8. Business cards - London Fashion Week is a great networking opportunity.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs shades - perhaps wishful thinking in this climate, but designer shades add much needed polish to my fashion week looks.
Be sure to follow all the action on my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook channels over the coming few days. Let's go! x