For SS14, bubblegum pink is having a major fashion moment. On the high street, Whistles leads the way with the trend, stocking shift dresses (no.4) , slogan sweaters, knits (no.2) and overcoats in Hubba Bubba hues. Avoid looking overtly girly by opting for clean lines, simple cuts and pairing with an uncomplicated colour palette of crisp white. This coming Sunday, Wallis launch their W Crimson collection which features a white leather biker jacket (no.1) and skirt (no.3) which would make the perfect co-ordinates for a candyfloss-coloured knit (who would have thought white leather could look so covetable?) Sneakers offer a fun way to inject the trend into your footwear - Superga’s candy pink Bergonia 2750’s (no.7) will bring a urban edge. Part of the latest Breakthrough Breast Cancer campaign collection, a £13.50 donation from the sale of each pair goes direct to charity, making for a guilt-free way to inject candy colour into your wardrobe (be sure to check out the rest of the chic & charitable collection on their website). What do you think of this trend? Will you be adding some bubblegum pink to your life for SS14?
1. White leather jacket, Wallis Crimson Collection, £195 (launches Sunday 13th).
2. Mimi boxy knit, Whistles, £155.
3. White leather skirt, Wallis Crimson Collection, £95 (launches Sunday 13th).
4. Franki sleeveless shift dress, Whistles, £115.
5. Valentino lace skirt, MatchesFashion, £1,385.
6. Markus Lupfer t-shirt, The Outnet, £78.
7. Begonia pink 2750 sneakers, Superga, £45 (£13.50 donation to Fashion Targets Breast Cancer)