I did something out of character during the January sales, and purchased a rose pink coat from Topshop. (outfit post to come soon). I say out of character, because bar the odd splash of neon, this is the first splash of pink I have had in my wardrobe since I committed crimes against fashion in hideous fuschia pedal pushers aged 14. But after trying on the Topshop coat on a whim, I discovered that the rose petal shade of pink warmed up my porcelain skintone a treat.
And I am happy to report that a couple of weeks on and a co-ordinating scarf later, I am really enjoying wearing such an unashamedly feminine colour. When I have my coat on, not only do I feel princess-like, but I have also found that the opposite sex are holding opening a fair few more doors for me, which, for a single girl in the city, is rather nice.
So the message is: don’t knock the power of pink until you have tried it ladies! Here’s my pick of the best pieces available online now.
1. Newbury round neck tee, Stylistpick, £10.
2. Pink bird door knocker earrings, ASOS, £25.
3. J Brand denim 811 skinny jeans, Matches Fashion, £205.
4. Marni printed woven wool skirt, The Outnet, £248.50.
5. Rhodonite pom-pom necklace, Cinderela B, £45.
6. New Look Phoebe Wing tote, ASOS, £14.99.
7. Silver stone & pink bracelet, Dorothy Perkins, £10.
8. Smythson leather iPhone case, Net-a-porter.com, £110.