London Fashion Week always provides me with plenty of fashionable food for thought and this year I have come away with a renewed belief that designer collections are 100% worth investing in. However, this season I noted that the way in which fashion editors are wearing designer has changed; instead of investing in timeless classics (trench coats etc) they are buying brilliantly bold statement pieces to 'fashion-up' high-street basics.
With this new shopping mantra in mind, I've compiled my edit from online designer e-boutique Avenue 32 of SS13 designer pieces that will shout in your outfit. Avenue 32 stock a plethora of designer brands from well known labels like uber-designer Phillip Lim to under-the-radar collections like the super cool No.21. Take Mother of Pearl's floral/stripe print culottes for example (3.), an out-there style for sure, but they looked fabulous on one fashion ed on Somerset House's cobbles teamed with a classic camel coat and black court shoes. Likewise you can't go wrong with a pop of designer neon; Antonio Marras' floral tee (1.) and Aperlai's fluro-detail slingbacks (5.) are unlike anything I have seen on the high street. Remember to invest in making a statement and you can't go wrong.
1. Neon yellow floral tee, Antonio Marras, £230.
2. Mondrian shades, Cutler & Gross, £365.
3. Pink rent printed culottes, Mother of Pearl, £395.
4. Pink spot jacquard skirt, Mantu, £345.
5. Fluro Annie slingbacks, Aperlai, £430.
6. Silver Marilyn heels, Aperlai, £485.
7. Persimmon cross body colourblock satchel, Calvin Klein, £605.
*This is a sponsored post*