One trend that I'm finding really interesting at the moment is the evolution of the trainer from sportswear staple to fashion footwear. During London Fashion Week, the cobbles of Somerset House were hot footed across in many-a-pair of natty New Balance sneakers inbetween the shows. We have, in part, the Olympics legacy to thank for this athletic trend, which I am pretty sure has been helped along by the new super Cara Delvingne whose off-duty model look consists of 99% street/ sportswear. For a great example of how the trend can work in real-life, check out Reem of Five Five Fabulous blog who nailed the look in a leather dress/ Nike sneaker combination during LFW. It's a trend that I'm also keen to try out, so I've been perusing the net for the best trainers out there. Here's my top 6:
1. Stella McCartney Diorite Adizero sneakers, Net-a-porter.com, £140.
2. Trace neon lace up runners, Topshop, £35.
3. Nike Free Running trainers, ASOS, £80.
4. New Balance 410 Blue trainers, ASOS, £50.
5. Trace pink neon lace up runners, Topshop, £35.
6. Nike Free Training trainers, ASOS, £80.