I'm so happy to see that heeled gladiator sandals are back in fashion this season. I have a Moda in Pelle circa 2008 pair languishing in the back of my wardrobe that are just waiting to be paired with rolled up boyfriend jeans for SS13. And from L.K. Bennett to ASOS all the high street shops have done their own interpretation on this trend for Summer.
For me the gladiatorial look is all in the strap detail, the more straps the better! When shopping for your new season gladiators, look for clean, minimal styles with mid-height heels (platform styles are plain tacky) to bring the look up-to-date for 2013. My favourite pair from the high street are L.K. Bennett's nude tone sandals, which have a simple and chic design that will lend itself to the S/S minimal trend.
Here's my pick of the six best styles available online now:
1. L.K Bennett Leather stiletto heeled gladiators, John Lewis, £225.
2. Tribe shoe boots, ASOS, £45.
3. L.K. Bennett Massa satin gladiator sandals, John Lewis, £150.
4. 'Grind' heels, Topshop, £62.
5. Brian Atwood Dolores sandals, Net-a-porter.com, £655.
6. Giuseppe Zanotti cage sandals, Net-a-porter.com, £495.