One of the most fun and playful trends this season is fashion’s obsession with transparent materials. Perspex, PVC, vinyl and acetate are the weapons of choice, seen in numerous spring/summer collections in the form of hard-case clutches, transparent heels and sunglasses frames. From Marc Jacobs through to Valentino and Louboutin; some of fashion’s best loved accessories designers have subverted from the classic materials and embraced the plastic and the fantastic.
On the high street head to Kurt Geiger for a luxe take on the trend; PVC strap sandals are embellished with colourful jewels (no.3) and acetate frame sunglasses (no.5) offer the high-end look for less. High street favourite Mango has carried the look through into their jewellery collection with a crystal-detail statement necklace (no.2) that has proved a big hit with the fashion crowd.
Have you tried the plastic fantastic look yet?
1. Louboutin Corbeau PVC detail flats, Net-a-porter.com, £375.
2. Crystal embellished transparent necklace, Mango, £29.99.
3. KG Kurt Geiger Noble flat sandals, ASOS, £90.
4. Johnny Loves Rosie tote bag, ASOS, was £80 now £48.
5. Danni chunky sunglasses, Kurt Geiger, £60.
6. Charlotte Olympia Pandora box clutch, Matchesfashion.com, £545.
7. White perspex wedges, New Look, £34.99.