Having grown up in rural Leicestershire, I will always be a country girl at heart. When I head home to visit my parents, I still pull on my farmer green wellys for a satisfyingly muddy walk across the fields. Joules recently kindly sent me their quilted 'Marcotte' jacket that I am excited to road test on my next trip home. I know there are plenty of quilted jackets out there on the high street, but the Marcotte jacket stands out because of Joules' attention to detail. I appreciate the addition of a hood that will be invaluable on a blustery autumnal day and the floral lining adds femininity to the countryside staple. One button bears a sweet fox motif too, it's the little touches that take this a classic coat to a special piece. For some country chic inspiration I have styled the jacket in the sort of outfit I can be found in on a trip back home- a hint of breton stripe, some practical wellies and a dash distressed denim finish the look.
Shop the Joules quilted jackets range.
1. Quilted Marcotte jacket, Joules, £99.95.
2. Yellow Hunter wellies, All Sole footwear, £59.99.
3. Moto vintage boyshort, Topshop, £32.
4. Petit Bateau yellow stripe hem t-shirt, Atterley Road, £25.
5. Thierry Lasry round-frame shades, The Outnet, £128.24.