Debenhams recently offered me the opportunity to pick a couple of pieces from their website that summed up London Fashion Week for me. Whilst the main event at LFW is what's happening on the catwalks - a big source of my sartorial inspiration also comes from off the runway - I love to style stalk the fashion editors and see what they're wearing for the shows. One key street style trend I noticed amongst the sartorially gifted this season was the heavy influence of leopard print. The pattern may be nothing new - but the way to wear it has definitely changed. Treat leopard print as a neutral basic and style it where you would previously wear a block colour: an animal print court shoe looks great with printed trouser and a pencil skirt would look modern with a Breton tee for example. I picked a lovely lightweight Warehouse sweater (no.1) and a Nine West court shoe (no.6) from Debenhams, but any of the below are great buys:
1. Brushed animal print jumper, Warehouse at Debenhams, £40.
2. Leopard hair and leather gloves, Warehouse at Debenhams, £30.
3. Animal skirt, Warehouse at Debenhams, £28.
4.'Lillian' pony slippers, Dune at Debenhams, £69.
5. Leopard print watch, DKNY at Debenhams, £80.
6. Ponyhair courts, Nine West at Debenhams, £59.