The festive season wouldn't be complete without a dash of sparkle and Christmas 2013 sees a strong focus towards opulence. Forget sequins, this year it’s all about jewels. My favourite interpretation of the trend was seen in Henry Holland’s AW13 ‘Rave Nana’ collection where shift dresses were embellished with crystal cigarettes and jewelled cocktail glass motifs skimmed the hems of pencil skirts. An affordable and wearable way to introduce the trend into your wardrobe is with a jewelled earring – an accessory that looks just as great with a cable knit jumper for day as it does with a cocktail dress for after dusk. Even better, the high street has got this trend nailed for AW13, there’s no need to bother with designer when the purse-friendly alternative is this convincing. I bought pair no.1 (in the midnight blue hue) from Next last week and they are now in constant rotation in my jewellery wardrobe. Will you be rocking a sparkling earring this festive season?
2. Statement crystal earrings, Anna Lou of London, £35.
3. Royal blue chandelier earrings, Dorothy Perkins, £14.
4. Chrystal chandelier earrings, Topshop, £20.
5. Smoky Quartz and crystal earrings, Next, £12.
6. Intricate jewel drops, Warehouse, £10.